Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 2, Hurricane Connor C.



Hey Mom and Dad,

I’m now in the eye of the Hurricane. I must admit it’s kind of cool but the eye is the most peaceful part of the whole hurricane. When it hit at first about 10min ago there were wind speeds of 103mph. That might sound bad but it’s only categorized at a level 2 hurricane. Other hurricanes in the past have been much worse I added a table below to show you how they scale certain hurricanes.

I am very prepared for anything that comes my way. I’m guessing your wondering how I’m typing this blog, well I recently purchased a generator and all my electric in my house is still working. I also have s battery radio, flash light, many blankets, eating utensils, candles, and every day needs. I’m being very careful; and staying in my basement just in case and upstairs windows break or the house stats to fall apart ( highly unlikely) … just kidding.

Everyone was warned 24 hours in advance to the storm and we are all very prepared in my town. I think I’m going to shut off the generator for a little while and give it a break. Ill keep you posted and tell you all that happened and how everything is holding up. Hopefully everything will be good and limited damage will be done. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment